May 13, 2011

Giving Honor to Whom Honor is Due

I graduated May 7th 2011 with a Master of Arts degree in Bible from Bob Jones University. I thank God for the faculty and staff who challenged me and equipped me to pursue God's will. I appreciate your hard work and example of love and Christian character.

I also thank God for the friends that I have made along the way. I appreciate all of your prayers on my behalf. I also appreciated having the privileged to serve God and work with you to advance his kingdom. 

I praise God for my children, some of whom have never known daddy to be anything but a student at BJU.


Besides Christ, I am most indebted to my wonderful and godly wife who was willing to hold the comforts of this world loosely so I could pursue God's will. She is a treasure whose worth is beyond measure. 


The next step will come in its own time. For now we are given rest. Not a rest of idleness or placid tranquility but a rest in the knowledge that God will accomplish all that he has planned for us. Now is the time to rejoice! Not the rejoicing as if something has finished but a rejoicing that comes from delighting in the privilege of service. We are filled with the joy of having been found faithful and willing to go the distance as the Lord guides and directs. It is in Him that we rejoice for He is our strength and salvation.

Romans 11: 33-36

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...